ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Research Technician to be based at Patancheru, Telangana, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Research Technician will be-
- Land preparation, field research operations including sowing, harvesting, threshing, and post-harvest data recording
- Collecting, managing and summarizing data.
- Supervising daily workers
- Maintaining and updating requirements of farm research operations, and follow-up with respective farm/field operation services & units
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
- Understanding of Basics of crop production procedures
- Proficiency in basic crop science/plant breeding techniques
- Well-versed with filed research activities including field layouts, seed preparations, randomizations, data recording
- Good knowledge of MS-Office in particular MS-Excel (Level 2)
- Good communication skills
- B.Sc in Agriculture/plant sciences; and considerable demonstrated ability in field & laboratory research.
- Five years of experience in related fields
- Ability to work in a team
- Computer data entry and analysis skills (MS Office, Windows, etc.)
- Experience with database, digital data recording
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Four-wheeler driving license
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
Last date to submit application: 11 June 2015
How to Apply: Click on the link.
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply"