ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals
for the post of Research Technician
to be based in districts of Karnataka, India. These are a nationally recruited positions.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- To conduct participatory field trials with farmers at different districts and collect high quality data sets required for scientific research
- Day to day supervision of various activities in the farmers’ fields and collection, compilation and tabulation of data
- To train the farmers/farm facilitators and provide technical support, maintaining improved interventions at benchmark locations
- To record scientific data, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots.
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities as entrusted by supervisor
- Fluent in English and local language (Telugu/Kannada/ Maharashtra) (Written and spoken)
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, data analysis)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
- B.Sc (Agri) / B.Sc in Biological Sciences / Science Graduate from any stream with essential knowledge of agricultural crops and livestock.
- Candidates with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position.
Last date to submit application: 8 December 2015
How to Apply: Click on the link.
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply"