ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the position of Research Technician (IRRI) to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its Head Quarters at Los, Banõs, Philippines. IRRI is engaged in different aspects of rice research and has its offices in sixteen countries including India.
- Assist in the conduct of experiments from seeding to seed processing, which involves seed preparation, seeding, transplanting, field maintenance, harvesting, and seed processing.
- Assist in collecting data and samples for analysis.
- Assist in the artificial crossing activities of the project (pollen and plant sample collection, pollination, emasculation).
- Assist in carrying out the generation advancement and small scale seed increase of segregating populations and advanced lines.
- Maintenance of repairs of equipment and instruments used in the field.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Computer Literate, operation of basic rice farm machineries;
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
- Graduation in any discipline
- 2 year experience on field experiment management;
- Knowledge of plant breeding trials, data collection, compilation, hand crossing, post harvest handling of seed and overall field management.
The position is for two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
Last date to submit application: 20 August 2014
To Apply: Click here
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply"