Senior Research Fellow
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Senior Research Fellow for IRRI to be based in Hyderabad. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its headquarter at Los, Banos, Philippines. IRRI is engaged in different aspects of rice research and has its offices in sixteen countries including India.
- Develop breeding populations combining different traits to develop rice varieties tolerant to abiotic and biotic stresses.
- Identify linked markers to different abiotic and biotic stress tolerant genes/QTLs and evaluate complex crosses progenies for presence of markers to enable selection of plants with different combination of genes/QTLs
- Contribute to the preparation and compilation of reports and publications, annual planning and review meetings of the project
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms- Office, data analysis);
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, adaptable to working in multicultural environment.
- Master degree in plant breeding and Genetics /biotechnology;
- 06 months -01 years’ experience working on rice;
- Proven technical skills to work as a team member in multi cultural team
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position. The compensation, terms and conditions will be as per DBT guidelines.
Last date to submit application: 28 February 2015
How to Apply: click here
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply"