Senior Research Fellow
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals
for the post of Senior Research Fellow
to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Constitution and implementation of field /glass house trials
- Collection of data and seed production
- Introgression breeding of brown midrib alleles
- Biomass composition analysis
- Assist scientists in the preparation of technical reports, and research papers and other related jobs from time to time
- Well versed with the conventional/molecular breeding techniques;
- Keen analytical skills and ability to conduct, monitor and evaluate experimental trials;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in basic bioinformatics skills, Statistics and Computer skills (MS-Office, data analysis, etc.)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
- Post Graduate from a reputed University in Plant Breeding/Genetics/Agricultural Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Life Sciences
- 1-2 years of experience in plant breeding/genetics/ genomics at a research institute/ University/private sector company, with good aptitude for lab and field work preferable
The position is for ten months, renewable based on the Institute's continuing need for the position. Compensation will be offered as per DBT approved budget
Last date to submit application: 15 December 2014
How to Apply: click here
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply"