ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of ‘Associate’ to ensure the smooth functioning of Food Stores at ICRISAT. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and would report to Senior Catering and Admin officer.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org
- Ensures adherence to rules/procedures in stores in areas of receipt, issue, dispatch and disposal
- Maintain adequate stock level in store
- Communicate with operations, purchase departments to ensure smooth movement of goods in/out of ICRISAT
- Coordinates with Senior Officer to ensure seamless flow of material in and out of stores
- Interface with supplier for receipt, loading, unloading of stock
- Ensure timely Physical Asset Verification
- Maintain safety and hygiene inside the store
- Ensure proper maintenance of stock
- All records pertaining to assets and stock are maintained meticulously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Stores Management or a related field with a minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in Warehousing / Food Stores in a reputed organization
- Should have worked in a similar role in the past
- Excellent verbal and written Communication
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Working knowledge of ERP software is a must
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, initially for a period of 36 months (3 years’) renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 30 June 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please “CLICK HERE” to apply
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer