ICRISAT seeks application for the post of Consultant – MIP Coordinator with Tamil Nadu Supply Chain Management (TNSCM) project for the Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) in the Global Research Program –Enabling Systems Transformation at ICRISAT. The project requires multiple positions in various location in the state of Tamil Nadu. The candidate will report to the COO-INP program, AIP-ICRISAT.
Position & Location: 1 position for Theni & Dindigul Districts, 1 position for Tirunelveli Tenkasi districts of Tamil Nadu, India
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Plan and prepare the business case and value proposition for the FPO in line with the crops grown in the region
- Mobilize, aggregate and coordinate with farmers to ensure regular business transaction with through PPC
- Organize and formalize the FPO activities in sync with PPC business case including documenting and reporting periodically
- Understand the supply and quality requirements of the produce from the buyer and tailor the products to suit his/her requirement
- Human Resource Management for successful function of FPO business pertaining to the PPC
- Assist MIP in adherence of standards and practices laid out for farmers and buyer engagement
- Assist in Capacity building of farmers and farmer groups periodically to improve their skills and knowledge
- Engage and communicate continuously with MIP member farmers and groups to secure and fulfill the demand requirement
- Communicate with farmers and groups and adopt the product standards set forth by the FPO
- Ensure continuous supply of quality produce as committed to the PPC through farmer producer companies
- Good writing & communication skills (English & Tamil- written and spoken) and networking skills
- Experience working in a multicultural team will be preferred
- Graduate in agricultural sciences, Horticulture, Agri Business, Agriculture Information technology or allied sciences / Business Administration or Post graduate in Business administration or management
- Minimum 3 years (for PG) & 5 years (for UG) of industry experience related to agri input sales, Agro commodities trading, supply chain management, Farm management etc.,
- Good computer skills especially in MS office and any other office automation software, web and mobile platforms
This is a Consultant position for One-year renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 03 October 2021, with a response to the selection criteria, their latest resume and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
Please “CLICK HERE” to apply
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer