ICRISAT seeks application for the post of Consultant – Project Outreach with Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) in the Global Research Program –Enabling Systems Transformation at ICRISAT. The position is based at ICRISAT, Patancheru, Hyderabad. The candidate will report to the COO-INP program, AIP-ICRISAT.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Facilitate in development of project reports, progress reports, other materials for disseminating information on agribusiness and about the activities and achievements of the AIP
- Develop project contents as effective tools which will be used for marketing AIP activities
- Create and implement outreach and extension plans for AIP and projects of AIP
- Design and develop different types of materials of various AIP projects for dissemination as per project deliverables
- Travel to project sites to meet stakeholders and beneficiaries to ensure their views are captured in outreach activities to reflect the human element and development results of the project
- Collate project information and related data for the AIP website and its project websites to keep it updated on a regular basis.
- Enhance and support AIP’s social media presence
- Contribute to identifying new and creative ways to enhance visibility and outreach of project deliverables and results.
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor/senior management of ICRISAT
- Relevant post-graduate degree agricultural extension / social sciences / mass communication / public affairs
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience of working in similar work arrangement, preferably with NGOs, development agencies, media channels and online platforms with a proven professional record
- Experience with social media for public information and advocacy, and good knowledge and experience in handling web-based management systems
- Knowledge & skills in designing print and electronic extension materials
- Team player with the ability to work in an inter-disciplinary and multicultural environment
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines. Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural areas where projects are implemented
- Prior experience of development issues or issues related to agribusiness is desirable
- Proven ability to express clearly and concisely complex ideas in a case study / storytelling form
- Proven track record in the deployment of extension tools that have successfully made an impact
- Excellent presentation and communications skills and the ability to write clear and concise issue briefs and reports in English
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office package. Working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign/Adobe Illustrator is desirable
- Good written and oral communication in English is mandatory and other Indian languages will be an added advantage
This is a Consultant position for One-year renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 03 October 2021, with a response to the selection criteria, their latest resume and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
Please “CLICK HERE” to apply
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer