ICRISAT seeks applications for the post of Entomologist to work on the ACIAR funded International Mungbean Network Project. This position will be based at World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) South and Central Asia Regional Office in ICRISAT-Patancheru, Hyderabad. This position is open for Indian nationals only.
WorldVeg is world’s largest international non-profit research and development center focused on alleviating poverty and malnutrition in developing countries through the increased production and consumption of nutritious and health-promoting vegetables. Founded in 1971 with headquarters in Taiwan, the Center’s global work covers East and Southeast Asia, sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Central Asia. For more information please visit our website: worldveg.org.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct laboratory, glasshouse and field experiments on screening of germplasm and breeding populations for pest resistance/tolerance in legumes
- Coordinate multi-locational field trials on screening for pest resistance and integrated pest management in legumes
- Data collection, collation and maintenance of databases
- Preparation of research reports and scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings
- Conduct other research work activities as part of a multidisciplinary team
Qualifications and experience:
- MSc. or PhD in Entomology or a related field with a good academic record with at least five years’ experience.
- Extensive experience in laboratory, glasshouse and field screening of germplasm for pest resistance;
- Sound knowledge of experimental designs and statistical analysis;
- Experience in molecular biology;
- Excellent communication and computer skills, with fluency in written and spoken English, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The position will be initially for two years with the possibility of extension depending upon work performance, and funding availability.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 24 December, 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”