- This event has passed.
Enabling Food and Nutrition Security in Drylands
October 19 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is excited to invite you to a panel discussion “Enabling Food and Nutrition Security in Drylands”, a virtual Side Event organized as part of the 2021 International Borlaug Dialogue (World Food Prize Foundation). We will have a plenary session, with 5-6 presentations by internationally acclaimed agriculture experts/policymakers for about an hour and followed by 30 minutes interactive session with the experts. The panel discussion aims to have global agricultural science leaders highlight the opportunities and importance of global collaboration and brainstorm the way forward for ensuring food and nutrition security in the dryland regions of the world. For speakers and panellists details scroll down.
Registration to this panel discussion is free of cost; however, we would encourage participants to join the Borlaug Dialogue by registering at https://www.worldfoodprize.org/en/borlaug_dialogue/2021_borlaug_dialogue/. Virtual registration for the Dialogue is $195. However, this year the World Food Prize Foundation is offering a 100% discount for all students and citizens and residents of individuals in the Global South – free registration for these participants!
Register for the event: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eYulEAsCTGu8W2d_S8gqbA
- Dr Rajeev Varshney, Research Program Director- Accelerated Crop Improvement, ICRISAT
- Dr Anthony Whitbread, Research Program Director – Resilient Farm and Food Systems, ICRISAT
- Dr Michael Hauser, Research Program Director – Enabling Systems Transformation, ICRISAT
- Dr Rebbie Harawa, Regional Director Eastern & Southern Africa, ICRISAT, and
- Dr Ramadjita Tabo, Regional Director West & Central Africa, ICRISAT