- This event has passed.
Hands-on training program on CRISPR/Cas9-based Gene Editing Technologies in Plants
June 12 @ 8:00 am - June 16 @ 4:30 pm
Last date: 30th May, 2023
BioNcube, a BIRAC-Bio incubator of the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), is inviting applications for a hands-on training program on
“CRISPR/Cas9-based Gene Editing Technologies in Plants”
From 12th – 16th June 2023 Hyderabad, India-502 324
Apply here – https://forms.gle/3ASkZzCVJ6hBvLfL6
The final date for application is 30 May 2023
The cutting-edge tools and technologies currently available to breeders are collectively known as Novel Breeding Technologies (NBT) of which Gene Editing (GE) is the foundation. GE permits rapid and precise trait creation and selection without negative consequences on the suite of native phenotypes. These methods could accelerate genetic discovery, development and product delivery, enabling ” reductions” in farmers’ input costs and “exponential improvements” in the agronomic and nutritional value of food and output. For researchers wishing for a well-rounded theoretical and practical introduction to gene editing, this hands-on training program on ” CRISPR/Cas9-based Gene Editing Technologies in Plants” is ideal. The training program comprises is aimed at providing a better understanding of various elements and stages of gene editing.
This course will familiarize the participants with gene BioNcube @ ICRISAT editing workflows, from the design and synthesis of target-specific guide RNAs (gRNAs), demonstration of delivery of gRNAs in plant cells, and detection and analysis of mutations.
This is an excellent opportunity to interact and benefit from the expertise of our scientists and collaborators as they will hand-hold the trainees to design their first gene editing experiment and gene editing workflows.
We are confident that the training program will enable the participants to develop their experimental workflows.
- the concepts of gene editing
- designing of guide-RNAs and CRISPR/Cas9 constructs
- usage of high-throughput techniques for gene editing applications
- methodology for molecular and functional validation of edited lines
- ethics and biosafety of gene editing technologies
- Genome Editing technologies - applications and future prospectives
- Editing of crop genomes for trait development: new directions and challenges
- Development of biotic and abiotic stress tolerance through CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing system and functional genomics approach
- Crop improvement using a genome-editing approach.
- New breeding tools for accelerated breeding in dryland cereals
- Bioinformatics tools for gRNA(s) design
- Strategy and cloning of the gRNA(s) and Cas9 in the plant expression vectors
- Agrobacterium transformation for the CRISPR/ Cas9 recombinant plasmids by electroporation
- Demonstration of delivery of CRISPR cassettes into plant cells
- Identification of mutations
- Molecular analysis of the gene-edited plants
Resource persons for this course will be from National and International Research Organizations.
- INR 14,000 (without accommodation) INR 25,000 (with accommodation)
- INR 17,000 (without accommodation) INR 28,000 (with accommodation)
- INR 30,000 (without accommodation)
- INR 45,000 (with accommodation)
All course notes and lectures will be in English. Therefore, participants should have a good knowledge of English and be familiar with the appropriate technical terms of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology.
The venue for the training program is the Platform for Translational Research on Transgenic Crops (PTTC) building, ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru, Hyderabad.
The participants will be accommodated in the Guest House/Hotel during training. The cost of any additional stay (beyond the dates of training) would be at the trainee's own expense. Information on an extended stay needs to be given in advance.
Additional information on the course will be provided only to the selected participants.
Applications are invited from researchers who are familiar with basic molecular and cell biology techniques and want to learn gene editing applications in agriculture using the most advanced CRISPR systems. While previous experience in gene editing is not required, the participants are expected to have fundamental knowledge and working experience in molecular biology and transformation techniques. The application can be accessed from the following link or format provided in the brochure. https://forms.gle/3ASkZzCVJ6hBvLfL6
The completed application should be submitted through the link or sent to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org; Sudhakarreddy.Palakolanu@icrisat.org and email@example.com.
The final date for application is 30 May 2023