- This event has passed.
Hands on training program on Molecular Biology Techniques to Understand Gene Expression
December 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am - December 9, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Venue: PTTC Conference Hall, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Hyderabad
Last date: 30th November 2022
BioNcube is a BIRAC- Bio incubator supporting Ag-biotech innovation, development, and applications of broad range of biotechnological solutions spreading across various domains from basic research to product translation. Agribiotech start-ups incubated in BioNcube, have access to the scientific knowledge of ICRISAT, biotechnology laboratories with state-of- the-art equipment, and infrastructure such as plant genotyping, phenotyping and transgenic facilities, glasshouses, plug-and-play modular labs, molecular biology lab, analytical lab, transformation facility, contained fields etc. The value proposition of the BIRAC- Bio incubator is to link business incubation to translation and support ag-biotech start-ups from proof-of-concept stage through to technology translation and commercialization that will further benefit farming communities.
- Understand basic principle and provide hands on training on basic tools used in understanding gene expression
- Interpret results generated using molecular biology tools and available datasets in functional genomics
A glimpse of molecular biology, functional genomics facilities such as genetic transformation, gene cloning, gene expression, metabolite protein profiling, analytical estimation and the P2 level biosafety greenhouse facility of BioNcube.
- Integration of omics tools in molecular Prbiology
- Gene discovery
- Isolation and characterization of promoter regions
- Gene cloning methods and applications
- Expression analysis using different methods
- Primer designing, Cis elements identification, and characterization
- Domain(s)/motif(s) identification
- RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, and gene cloning
- Expression analysis by qPCR, Western/ELISA
- Protein isolation and SDS gel electrophoresis
Resource persons for this course would be from National and International Research organizations.
All course notes and lectures will be in English. Therefore, participants should have a good knowledge of English and of the appropriate technical terms of molecular biology.
The venue for the training program is Platform for Translational Research on Transgenic Crops(PTTC) building, ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru, Hyderabad.
The participants will be accommodated in the Guest House/Hotel during the course of the training. The cost of any additional stay (beyond the dates of training) would be at trainees own expense. Information on extended stay needs to be given in advance.
Additional information on the course will be provided to participants selected for the course.
- INR 14,000 (without accommodation)/INR 25,000 (with accommodation)
- INR 17,000 (without accommodation)/INR 28,000 (with accommodation)
- INR 28,000 (without accommodation)/INR 40,000 (with accommodation)
Applications are invited from researchers who want to learn molecular biology applications in agricultural biotechnology using the most recent and advanced systems.
The application can be accessed from the following link. https://forms.gle/JEAdvVFqbU4J82UJ6
Duly filled application should be submitted through the link or sent to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org; P.Sudhakarrreddy@cgiar.org;and email@example.com.
The due date for application is 30th November 2022.