- This event has passed.
Indian Society of Weed Science (ISWS) Golden Jubilee International Conference
October 19, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Indian Society of Weed Science (ISWS), a non-profit professional society established in 1968, promotes research, education, and extension outreach activities related to weeds; provides science-based information to the public and policy makers; create awareness of weeds and their impacts on managed and natural ecosystems in the country. During half century of its existence, the Society has been organizing national symposia, biennial conferences and workshops on current themes and specific issues in different parts of the country. On completion of its 50 years of journey, it has been decided to organize ISWS Golden Jubilee International Conference in grand manner to celebrate the occasion. The conference will also give an opportunity for reunion of members of ISWS spreading all over the world.
ISWS Golden Jubilee International Conference will provide an excellent opportunity to all stakeholders dealing with different aspects of weeds, to share their ideas and learn from international experiences. Agricultural scientists, teachers, students, extension workers, administrators, policy makers, non-governmental organizations, executives from the herbicide industry, and those associated with environment and biodiversity conservation, are invited to participate in the Conference. About 500 delegates are expected to participate in this Conference, including more than 50 delegates from other countries.
The ISWS Golden Jubilee Conference will focus on the theme “Weeds and the Society: Challenges and Opportunities”.
- Weed biology, ecology and climate change
- Weed management in rice-based cropping system
- Sustainable weed management in cereals, pulses, oil seed crops, commercial crops,
fibre and fodder crops
- Weed management in rainfed agriculture
- Weed management in fruits, vegetable, medicinal, spices, floriculture crops and
- Management of problematic weeds in crops and non-crops situations
- Non-chemical weed management including biological control
- Herbicide resistance in weeds and herbicide tolerant crops
- Herbicide residues, monitoring, mitigation and effect on non-target organisms
New herbicides molecules/formulations and low dose herbicides including nanoherbicides,
- herbicide compatibility with other agro input etc.
- Socio-economic implications, improving profitability of farming by new techniques,
weed utilization and adoption
- Weed threat to plant biodiversity in forest, wasteland and aquatic ecosystem