ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic and skilled Indian nationals for the position of Manager – Office Administration to work with the Rice Breeding Innovations team at IRRI South Asia Hub, ICRISAT campus at Patancheru, Hyderabad. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the Rice Breeding team for administrative support to ongoing projects and program. The position is within the Rice Breeding Innovations Platform-South Asia Region.
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science, improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers, and protecting rice-growing environments for future generations. For more information, visit www.irri.org
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in the drylands of Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid or dryland tropics is home to over 2 billion people, and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor.
ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these poor people to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agriculture. ICRISAT is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana State, in India, with two regional hubs (Nairobi, Kenya and Bamako, Mali) and country offices in Niger, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ethiopia and Mozambique.
ICRISAT conducts research on six highly nutritious drought-tolerant crops: chickpea, pigeonpea, pearl millet, finger millet, sorghum and groundnut. ICRISAT envisions prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics by reducing poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics through partnership-based international agricultural research for development that embodies Science with a Human Face. For more details, see www.icrisat.org
- Manage and monitor administrative related activities functions of the office in close coordination with other team members.
- Review, analyze and address issues pertaining to administrative coordination arising from multiple sources, including funding, equipment’s, consumables, research/operational supplies in a timely manner.
- Monitoring the project funds and facilitating the supervisor in budget projections, expenditure tracking and financial reporting of the projects
- Proactively manage complex calendar and scheduling requirements at an efficiency which isn’t hindered by frequently changing plans and priorities
- Lead and coordinate on organizing national/ international workshops, meetings, conferences, trainings, and monitoring visits
- Focal point of contact for all administrative coordination and communication related to the project
- Communicate and work closely with Corporate Service team at IIO, Delhi, to follow correct processes and ensure adherence to IRRI policies and procedures.
- Manage logistics to ensure travel arrangements including domestic/international ticketing, visa, hotel accommodation, transportation etc.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
- Manage in the facilitation of the Day-to-day activities of project and program office
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s in Business Administration with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in administrative coordination, data management
- Should have excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge in advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point
- Should have the ability to prioritize activities for self and support staff
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Candidates with good experience and knowledge of agriculture research would be preferred
- Experience in shared services platform would be an added advantage
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre position for 2 years’ (24 months) renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 20 April 2021 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”