ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for Research Associate position in Genebank. The position is based at ICRISAT, Patancheru, Hyderabad.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
This role is responsible to provide assistance in the activities under the DBT project of ‘Characterization of Chickpea Germplasm Resource to Accelerate Genomics assisted Crop-Improvement’.
- Plan and execute DUS characterization of chickpea germplasm
- Evaluation of chickpea germplasm for productivity and stress tolerance traits.
- Crop management, supervision of field staff, data collection and documentation
- Analyze, summarize and interpret the data of the experiments conducted in field and laboratory.
- Maintain and update electronic databases and data collection tools
- Assist the scientist in preparing technical reports, and research articles as and when needed
- To perform other research activities assigned by supervisor.
- Proficiency in Computer skills (MS-Office) and experience in use of different agricultural and bioinformatics software for data analysis.
- Should have aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; understanding of local language is desirable.
- PhD in Agriculture with specialization in Plant Breeding and Genetics/Genetic Resources/ or other relevant plant science, with proven research publication record.
- Experience in germplasm characterization and crop management of ICRISAT mandate crops, particularly chickpea is preferred.
- Experience in use different agricultural and bioinformatics software for data analysis.
- Candidate with good quality publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
The is a Consolidated position for three (3) years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 15 March 2021, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”