ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the position of Research Technician for Cereal Pathology in Integrated Crop Management under Asia program. The position is based at ICRISAT Patancheru, Telangana. The position reports to the Principal Scientist – Cereal Pathology & Head Plant Quarantine Unit, Asia Program, ICRISAT.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Undertake Sand/soil/FYM mix preparation and sterilization for pot experiments in greenhouse
- Greenhouse screening of pearl millet breeding lines, mapping populations, pre-breeding lines, harvest+ lines against 5-6 pathotypes each of downy mildew and blast pathogens
- Screening of pearl millet breeding lines/germplasm accessions for ergot resistance (New activity)
- Screening of pearl millet breeding lines/germplasm accessions for smut resistance (New activity)
- Assist in conducting downy mildew and blast variability nurseries at hot spot locations on the farms of private sector partners (New HPRC activity)
- Graduate in B.Sc. in Biological Sciences Preferably Agriculture with 2-3 years of related experience
- Experience in Field experiments will be desirable
- Good communication skills and knowledge of local language is a must
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality with an urge to learn more
- Strong team player and willing to work as part of an extended team
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for 3 years renewable based on the funding availability, incumbent’s performance and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 12 April 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer