ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Scientific Officer in Pre-Breeding under the Genetic Gain Program. The position is based at ICRISAT Patancheru, Telangana. This position will report into a Lead Scientist in the Genetics Gain program at ICRISAT.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Planning, designing and execution of laboratory, greenhouse and field experiments in ICRISAT mandate crops under the supervision of the lead scientist
- Management and coordination of day-to-day research activities
- Data collection, and statistical analysis of experimental data
- Maintain and update electronic databases
- Supervision and training of research technicians for data collection and proper maintenance of research experiments
- Assist the scientist in the preparation of technical reports, research articles and other related jobs from time to time.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge in data analysis is desirable
- Good team player and adaptable to working in a multicultural team
- M.Sc. in Plant Breeding and Genetics/ Agricultural Biotechnology/Botany from a reputed university with good academic record.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a research institute, university or private sector company
- Ability to work under field conditions for extended hours
- Good knowledge of data management methods and ability to use spreadsheets (eg., Excel, MS Access) and statistical software
- Candidate having experience in wide hybridization and plant tissue culture techniques will be preferred
The is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 11 April 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”