ICRISAT seeks application for the position of Senior Officer – Finance & Accounts under East and Southern Africa Program. This position is based at ICRISAT- Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT, established in 1972, and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, visit www.icrisat.org
- Ensure the attainment of reliable financial reports and information to ICRISAT and specific donors through the supervision of the entire Finance Department
- Maintenance and integrity of the accounting system (Sun System) and other internal controls, compliance with donor and statutory obligations
- Supervising Payroll administration
- Liaison with banks, ZIMRA and auditor
- Monitoring of budgets
- Master’s Degree with a strong preference of study in Accounting or Finance.
- Member of Professional Body e.g. ACCA, CIMA or ICAZ
- Hands on experience on Sun systems
- Proficiency in Accounting Packages, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Fluency in English.
- Good working knowledge of local languages (Ndebele and Shona).
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial accounting standards, policies, and procedures of major international donors such as USAID, DFID, FAO, and UNDP etc.
The is a nationally recruited position for 12 months.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 28 October 2021, with a letter of motivation, latest curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”