ICRISAT Development Center
Aviraj Datta is Scientist, IDC based in Patancheru, India. He joined ICRISAT in May 2014 as Visiting Scientist. He is currently working with the ICRISAT Development Center, Research Program-Asia developing decentralized wastewater treatment technologies to generate revenue through safe utilization of treated wastewater in agriculture. The aim is to abate the harmful and unsafe raw-wastewater irrigation practice prevailing in the semi-arid tropics. The work aims to improve the wastewater management in villages while increasing the water use efficiency.
His B. Tech degree in Biotechnology in combination with his subsequent post-graduate studies in the area of Environmental Engineering has equipped him with the necessary skill-sets to become a bioremediation specialist. With a doctorate in Environmental Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (2014), he works in the broad domain of environmental biotechnology. He is a recipient of GATE and DAAD Fellowships and alumni of the Indo-German Center for Sustainability (IGCS). His PhD thesis was awarded with GE Ecomagination Excellence Award for the best Ph.D. thesis in the area of environmentally friendly technologies, ecological and environment protection for the year 2014, during the 51st Convocation of the IIT Madras.
Prior to ICRISAT he was working as a faculty in the National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, in the Department of Energy and Environment.
Expertise in: Decentralized wastewater treatment; Rural wastewater management; Bioremediation of polluted air/water streams.
- Detecting Soil pH from Open-Source Remote Sensing Data: A Case Study of Angul and Balangir Districts, Odisha State
on May 5, 2022 at 9:38 am
- Detecting Soil pH from Open Source Remote Sensing Data: A Case Study of Angul and Balangir districts, Odisha State
on March 20, 2022 at 9:38 am
- Biomass feedstocks for advanced biofuels: Sustainability and supply chain management
on March 20, 2022 at 9:17 am
- Treating agricultural non-point source pollutants using periphyton biofilms and biomass volarization
on March 18, 2022 at 9:01 am
- Monitoring the Spread of Water Hyacinth (Pontederia crassipes): Challenges and Future Developments
on April 14, 2021 at 8:46 am