Genetic Gains Program
Hima Bindu Kudapa, Scientist, Genomics and Molecular Breeding, Forward & Integrated Breeding, Research Program – Genetic Gains, works for ICRISAT at Hyderabad.
Her basic background is in molecular biology and her research focus is on functional genomics for crop improvement.
Before joining ICRISAT in 2010, she worked for six years at the ICAR-Indian Institute of Rice Research (ICAR-IIRR), Hyderabad. She works on developing genomics resources and using them for understanding the molecular basis of biotic and abiotic stresses in legumes (chickpea and pigeonpea). Hima Bindu has been conferred the INSA Young Scientist Medal (2015), the NASI Young Scientist Platinum Jubilee Award(2015), and the DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award (2012-2017) based on her significant contributions to the development of genomics resources and application of modern genomic tools in crop improvement programs.
Expertise in: Genomics, molecular biology, functional biology, molecular breeding, plants interaction to biotic and abiotic stresses
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=XWs4q0oAAAAJ&hl=en
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Hima_Kudapa
- Can omics deliver temperature resilient ready-to-grow crops?
on May 27, 2021 at 10:58 am
- Comprehensive analysis and identification of drought-responsive candidate NAC genes in three semi-arid tropics (SAT) legume crops
on May 26, 2021 at 4:25 pm
- Systems biology for crop improvement
on May 24, 2021 at 4:03 pm
- Genome-wide association study uncovers genomic regions associated with grain iron, zinc and protein content in pearl millet
on November 10, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Molecular and Physiological Alterations in Chickpea under Elevated CO2 Concentrations
on September 4, 2020 at 12:47 pm