Genetic Gains Program
Rajeev Gupta is Principal Scientist and Theme Leader – Genomics and Trait Discovery (GTD), Research Program Genetic Gains at ICRISAT’s , headquarters in Hyderabad, India.
He is a result-oriented and accomplished biotechnologist, molecular biologist, molecular geneticist and a successful leader with a PhD and a PDF from University of Cambridge, UK, and UC Berkeley, USA, respectively.
At ICRISAT, Dr Gupta leads a team of over 10 scienstists working on developing and applying modern resources, tools, and technologies in genomics, genetics and trait discovery programs in ICRISAT’s mandate cereals (sorghum, pearl millet, finger millet) and grain legumes (chickpea, groundnut, and pigeonpea). The long term goal is to accelerate the rate of genetic gains so as to enhance incomes and livelihoods of smallholder farmers in the semi-arid regions of South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
His recognitions include a Gold Medal in BS (Agriculture), a Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship, the Downing Muller Scholarship, Life Fellow of Cambridge Commonwealth Society, and Fellow of Cambridge Philosophical Society, etc. With more than two decades of international experience in non-profit, public and private sectors, Dr Gupta has published more than 20 research articles in high impact international journals, such as Nature, PNAS, The Plant Cell, and so on. He also has more than 2900 citations in addition to 40 patent applications related to abiotic stress tolerance and yield enhancement in crops.
Expertise in: Abiotic stress tolerance, biotechnology, molecular biology, genomics, transgenics, yield stability, yield enhancement
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=f646BioAAAAJ
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rajeev_Gupta36
- Nitrogen Use Efficiency in Sorghum: Exploring Native Variability for Traits Under Variable N-Regimes
on July 21, 2021 at 4:31 pm
- Sorghum Pan-Genome Explores the Functional Utility for Genomic-Assisted Breeding to Accelerate the Genetic Gain
on June 4, 2021 at 8:19 am
- Genetic Variation for Nitrogen Use Efficiency Traits in Global Diversity Panel and Parents of Mapping Populations in Pearl Millet
on May 20, 2021 at 3:21 pm
- Nitrogen Challenges and Opportunities for Agricultural and Environmental Science in India
on May 17, 2021 at 10:25 am
- Improving drought tolerance in rice: Ensuring food security through multi‐dimensional approaches
on March 22, 2021 at 9:50 am