Integrated Crop Management
S Gopalakrishnan, Principal Scientist (Microbiology), Integrated Crop Managment (ICM),Research Program-Asia, works at ICRISAT headquarters in Hyderabad, India.
Dr Gopalakrishnan has a PhD in Biology (Microbiology/Plant Pathology) from University College London (UCL), London, followed by three years as a postdoc at Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS), Tsukuba, Japan. He was the recipient of the prestigious European Union, JIRCAS and Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) fellowships for his doctoral and postdoctoral research, respectively.
He has a total of 18 years of research experience at ICRISAT, which includes both post-PhD and post-MSc work.. He is one of the Expert Committee members on the Plant Microbial Interactions program of DBT, Government of India. Dr Gopalakrishnan’s book, “Plant growth-promoting actinobacteria: A new avenue for enhancing the productivity & soil fertility of grain legumes”, was published in 2016 by Springer Singapore. He is a widely-published author with more than 82 research articles, an h-index of 15 and more than 756 citations.
Expertise in: Plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR), biological control of plant pathogens and insect pests, plant-microbe interaction
- Streptomyces consortia‑mediated plant growth‑promotion and yield performance in chickpea
on October 12, 2022 at 3:07 pm
- Response of the Fate of In-Season Fertilizer Nitrogen to Plastic Mulching in Rainfed Maize Croplands of the Loess Plateau
on September 13, 2022 at 7:20 am
- Nano‑biofertilizers on soil health, chemistry, and microbial community: benefits and risks
on September 13, 2022 at 6:50 am
- Effects of Plastic Film Mulching on Soil Enzyme Activities and Stoichiometry in Dryland Agroecosystems
on September 12, 2022 at 7:44 am
- Changes in Ammonia-Oxidizing Archaea and Bacterial Communities and Soil Nitrogen Dynamics in Response to Long-Term Nitrogen Fertilization
on February 28, 2022 at 6:42 am