Integrated Crop Management
S Gopalakrishnan, Principal Scientist (Microbiology), Integrated Crop Managment (ICM),Research Program-Asia, works at ICRISAT headquarters in Hyderabad, India.
Dr Gopalakrishnan has a PhD in Biology (Microbiology/Plant Pathology) from University College London (UCL), London, followed by three years as a postdoc at Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS), Tsukuba, Japan. He was the recipient of the prestigious European Union, JIRCAS and Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) fellowships for his doctoral and postdoctoral research, respectively.
He has a total of 18 years of research experience at ICRISAT, which includes both post-PhD and post-MSc work.. He is one of the Expert Committee members on the Plant Microbial Interactions program of DBT, Government of India. Dr Gopalakrishnan’s book, “Plant growth-promoting actinobacteria: A new avenue for enhancing the productivity & soil fertility of grain legumes”, was published in 2016 by Springer Singapore. He is a widely-published author with more than 82 research articles, an h-index of 15 and more than 756 citations.
Expertise in: Plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR), biological control of plant pathogens and insect pests, plant-microbe interaction
- Streptomyces consortia-mediated plant defense against Fusarium wilt and plant growth-promotion in chickpea
on May 25, 2021 at 7:45 am
- Management of Fungal Diseases of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) through Plant Growth Promoting Actinobacteria and Their Secondary Metabolites
on May 18, 2021 at 4:46 pm
- Deciphering the antagonistic effect of Streptomyces spp. and host-plant resistance induction against charcoal rot of sorghum
on February 7, 2021 at 1:19 pm
- Understanding the Evolution of Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria
on December 18, 2020 at 7:58 am
- Effect Of Plant Growth-Promoting Streptomyces Sp. On Plant Growth And Yield Of Tomato And Chilli
on December 18, 2020 at 6:41 am