ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Technical Officer – Planning to work with the Crop Improvement team under Asia Program at ICRISAT-Patancheru. The successful candidate will manage the crop scheduling database using the internal software. This role contributes to analysis, planning, tracking and efficient allocation of resources to attain the maximum output. The position is critical to scheduling and essentially responsible for estimating all crop improvement operational plans ahead of the seasons. The individual will report to the Crop Improvement Operations Team Lead and be part of an aspiring team that is working on path-breaking ideas to develop new hybrids/varieties of ICRISAT mandate crops.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org
- Understands the requirement after receiving the project/experiment details
- Schedules all activities related to crop improvement operations taking into cognizance optimum resource utilization
- Manages and tracks the crop scheduling database on a daily basis and services all requests raised on the online portal
- Conducts (year-on-year) comparative analysis to determine optimum pre-harvest strategies for current year
- Plans for harvest techniques that lead to better yield in allocated projects
- Prepares operational plan ahead of the season using forecasting
- Publishes detailed planning reports to show the gap analysis and impact of efficient allocation/scheduling
- Reviews the requests received on the online portal from various stakeholders and allots existing resources efficiently
- Communicates the final decision to respective parties
- Notifies sub-teams of CIOT on the plans and schedules of crop improvement operations from time-to-time
- Escalates issues to CIOT Lead that are affecting the timely delivery of results
- Creates effective schedules to accomplish all crop improvement operations consistent with the SOPs
- Monitors key crop performance and operational efficiency parameters like area, yield and production etc.
- Sustains continuous delivery of quality services, incorporates adjustments due to operational and environmental conditions
- Value creation by discovering new software or additional functionalities wrt estimating and forecasting
- Masters in Agriculture (Genetics & Plant Breeding/Agronomy)/MBA in Agriculture or MS in Agribusiness Management
- At least 5+ years of experience in planning, forecasting and estimation, of that preferably 2 years’ hands on experience in field operations
- Excellent knowledge of crop agronomy ops – the stages, manpower plans, water and weather requirements in different crops
- Experience in using forecasting techniques to plan the resource allocation due to weather, pests & diseases, variety sown, and other factors
- Exposure to statistical techniques, operations management would be an added advantage
- Able to manage competing or multiple priorities
- Knowledge of computer applications, MS-office suite and software for data collection, management, and analysis
- Customer-centricity, with proven record of identifying customer needs, prioritizing resources, and bring timely and sustainable solutions
- Valid Driver’s License and communication skills
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, initially for a period of 36 months (3 years’) renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 16 May 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer